Friday 27 July 2007

If you said good-bye to me tonight, would there still be music left to write?

What's got into me? I never used to feel this way. Never needed someone to belong to, someone to belong to me. Now I sit here in the darkness, and I don't know where you are. Tell me how I'm going to face it, has it got to be so hard? And there is no way in sight, I can get through this night. Tell me what do I do. Not a day goes by when I don't think of you. Not a day goes by when I don't wonder why, I don't hear from you. So is this goodbye?

Let me in, to see you in the morning light. I want you to believe in life, but I get the strangest feeling that you've gone away. Will you find out who you are too late to change? I wish I could be every little thing you wanted, all the time…. Sometimes!

If I could paint, I'd paint a portrait of you. The sunlight in your eyes, a masterpiece of truth. And a single tear like a silent prayer, that’s shining so much brighter than a diamond ever dared. If I could do anything at all, I'd do it for you.

I've been alone with you inside my mind. And in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times. I can see it in your eyes, I can see it in your smile. You're all I've ever wanted, and my arms are open wide. ‘Cause you know just what to say, and you know just what to do. And I want to tell you so much, I love you. I long to see the sunlight in your hair, and tell you time and time again how much I care. Sometimes I feel my heart will overflow, hello, I've just got to let you know. 'Cause I wonder where you are, and I wonder what you do. Are you somewhere feeling lonely, or is someone loving you? Tell me how to win your heart, for I haven't got a clue. But let me start by saying, I love you.

Like a shadow through the dark, in the loneliness of all I see. I'm walking around with half a heart, since I lost the better part of me. I can't let go of the past, when every breath just pulls me back to where we started.

Saying you love, but you don’t. You give your love, but you won’t. You’re stretching out your arms to something that’s just not there. Saying you love where you stand, give your heart when you can. If you could only see the way he loves me, then maybe you would understand. Why I feel this way about our love, and what I must do. If you could only see how blue his eyes can be when he says, when he says he loves me.

How do you cool your lips, after a summer’s kiss? How do you rid the sweat, after the body bliss? How do you turn your eyes from the romantic glare? How do you block the sound of a voice you’d know anywhere? I really should have known by the time you drove me home, by the vagueness in your eyes, your casual good-byes. By the chill in your embrace, the expression on your face, that told me, maybe you might have some advice to give, on how to be Insensitive. How do you numb your skin after the warmest touch? How do you slow your blood after the body rush? How do you free your soul after you’ve found a friend? How do you teach your heart it’s a crime to fall in love again? Oh, you probably won’t remember me, it’s probably ancient history. I’m one of the chosen few, who went ahead and fell for you. I’m out of vogue, I’m out of touch, I fell too fast, I feel too much. I thought that you might have some advice to give, on how to be, Insensitive.

I always needed time on my own. I never thought I'd need you there when I cry. And the days feel like years when I'm alone. And the bed where you lie, is made up on your side. When you walk away, I count the steps that you take. Do you see how much I need you right now? When you're gone, the pieces of my heart are missing you. When you're gone, the face I came to know is missing too.

I hear your name in certain circles, and it always makes me smile. I spend my time thinking about you, and it's almost driving me wild. I ain't missing you at all, since you've been gone. I ain't missing you, no matter what my friends say.

You say you wanted more, what are you waiting for? I'm not running from you. Come break me down, bury me. I am finished with you. Look in my eyes, you're killing me. All I wanted was you. I tried to be someone else, but nothing seemed to change. I know now, this is who I really am inside. Finally found myself, fighting for a chance. I know now, this is who I really am.

This is the last time that I'm ever gonna come here tonight. This is the last time, I will fall into a place that fails us all inside. I can see the pain in you, I can see the love in you, but fighting all the demons will take time.

Can you work out the 12 songs (including the title)? They are some of my favourite lyrics!

0 comments: