Monday 6 August 2007

Night of Stars 2007


Saturday night was NIGHT OF STARS. After months of rehearsals and organization, the night had finally arrived. I interviewed the couples for the DVD and then the final rehearsals began. All went well. Night of Stars consists of two groups of presentees; The "Sophisticated Ladies" (the oldies) and the "Rainbow Girls" (the teens to late 20's). The Sophisticated Ladies all wear black, and as the name suggests, all looked elegant and sophisticated. The Rainbow Girls are all designated a colour each, and placed in an order to represent a rainbow. This looks very effective in the choreographed routine.


Amy-Felicity and Rick whom represented Royal Blue in the rainbow looked fantastic. In fact everyone did. Although in my opinion, the best dressed and most beautiful award goes to Ez. She looked amazing!!!


The Rainbow routine consisted of the following songs:
"Unforgettable"
"World Hang on"
"Rock DJ"
"Crazy in Love"
"Love Generation"
"Absolutely Everybody"
The routine sampled Cha cha, Mambo, Merengue, Swing, Carousel, Gypsy Tap, Funky Shuffle, and plenty of freestyle.


Rehearsals went for 10 weeks, and having taught the routine to the presentees myself, along with Michelle and Colin, I was extremely proud of the outcome. It was flawless!


After the routine floorshows, presentations, and a 3 course meal, it was time for social dancing. This is always a lot of fun. I'm trying to convince Jason and Erin to do Night of Stars next year... hehe.



By the end of the night, which was about midnight, I was completely buggered. I had been there since 3pm, as I had the Sophisticated Ladies' interviews to conduct prior to the Rainbow rehearsal. But I had a fantastic night, and so it seems, did Jase, Ez, Rick, and Amy.


Thanks to all for making it such a successful night, I had a ball!
Next weekend.... THE SNOW TRIP!

4 comments:

Erin said...

"Although in my opinion, the best dressed and most beautiful award goes to Ez. She looked amazing!!!"

Aww thanks shazzamaloo! It's hard work looking like a chick lol. I didnt get out of my trackies on sunday lol.
I think you looked absolutely stunning too. So did everyone really.
It was an awesome night. Really enjoyed myself. I dunno about Night of stars next year. I should just stick to my nutbush, cha cha slide, bus stop and zorba :P

Love ya lots! xoxoxo.

P.S. POOWONG! :P :>

Jason said...

An excellent night out, top stuff.

Amy said...

I had a blast on Saturday!

It was awesome seeing people all dressed up.

But now im buggered, weekend has caught up to me.

Love ya lots shazzie!

caz said...

Wow, you guys looked absolutely beautiful (yes, you too jase :p) I'm glad yez had a good night and I can't wait to see the dvd.